Dynamic ranking but always including certain a product

monaldo12

Hi,

I've managed to make a dynamic ranking with a custom TopN filter, output is a table with brands ranked by TopN filter and the rest is always summed up by a total under "Others". This is because there are several subcategories. So within a subcategory the dynamic filter is working on brand level.

My question: I would like to include in the ranking always certain brands, which might not be present in the selected TopN ranking. I have a dim table with all the Brands connected to the company. So the idea would be:

- TopN filter on ranking by brand within a subcategory (which is already in place)

- However, when a brand from my dimtable is not listed in the selected ranking (let's say ranking is top 3 but my brand is actually a nr 10) then I want to replace nr 3 in the top 3 ranking by my brand)

- But is my brand is in the selected TopN ranking, let's say ranking is top 3 and my brand is nr 2, then it can stay at nr2.

So at all costs, my brands which are listed in a dim table, should always be presented in the ranking. Off course they have to be present in the actual list but that is always the case.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back