dynamic rows?

kayakkid

This is a continuation of this post: http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=184911&highlight=

The previous post had solved my problem, until my users decided things should change. Here is the new situation:

I have a worksheet with 20+ sections where specific items will be pasted. The buttons that originally pasted those items were located next to those sections. However, the users have demanded a wizard to step through the process. The button that pasted the items has now been changed to load a wizard (userform with multipage control). In that wizard is the button that pastes the item, but that button pastes only to a specific range.
Can I make the range of pasting change according to which button loaded the wizard?

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Something like this might help. The code shows 2 possible solutions - depending on whether the paste range is known at run time or not.
Code:
'----------------------------
' top of module
Dim CallButton As Integer
Dim MyPasteRange As String
'----------------------------
Sub Button1_Click()
    CallButton = 1    ' calling button
    MyPasteRange = "A1:D1" ' range to paste to
    Call RunWizard
End Sub

Upvote 0
Hey Brian,

I need to be more clear. I have a page with buttons A-Z all of which call the same wizard. In that wizard is a selection of buttons which paste a given shape to a location. My problem is that the code I use that pastes the shapes uses a constant (Const R = 16) to define the row it will be pasted on. What I really need is a way to change the constant so that if button A is clicked the constant changes from 16 to 30. or if button B is clicked it changes to 35 and so on.

Thanks so much,

Isaiah

Upvote 0
You could start by losing all those buttons. Provide the users with a drop down list from which to select or a RefEdit control by which they can identify the target range. Now, you need only one button -- and with a drop down list you could actually use zero buttons. Use the _change event procedure for the control.

Upvote 0
...... Or get the user to select on the worksheet and use a single button to run the macro to put the shape there.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help guys.

Got the problem sorted out. I think I've been on this project too long. It turns out the Constant I've been freaking out about doesn't need to be a constant. Everything is working perfectly now. By the way, thanks for the suggestions guys. I tried both and the users couldn't figure it out. Thats why all the buttons are there. Thanks again,

Isaiah

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back