Dynamic Shapes

MichaelJ300

Board Regular
Hello,

I'm looking for a way to change my shapes based on a value. Either by a formula or code.

I have a ton of numbers that I want to show with arrows for positive/negative/flat. (Green Arrow up/Red Arrow down/Sideways Arrow)

Thanks in advance for any help on this!

FracinDean

Board Regular
I learned how to do this using macro recorder. Turn on the recorder, then insert an object, and start editing the properties, rotate, flip, change colors, borders, resize, drag to a new location, etc. You will see in the code how to refer to the different objects and how to make them move, etc. Then you can just use cell values from your sheet to make the changes to the objects.

Last edited:

Taul

Hi,
Take a look at Conditional Format (on the Home ribbon)
Conditional Format - Icon Sets.
use the 4 or 5 coloured arrow sets
This provides a green arrow up, red arrow down and a yellow arrow sideways depending on the cell value.

I hope this is what you need.

cheers
Paul.

MichaelJ300

Board Regular
Conditional formatting will not help with scenario. Thanks though much appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tresfjording

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Problem with Radio Button's format control
    I am creating an employee evaluation template (a sample is below) Column A is the category Column B, C D, E and F will be ratings (unacceptable...
  • Last Display on userform to a Listbox
    [CODE=vba] lstdisplay.ColumnCount = 15 lstdisplay.RowSource = "A1:O600000" [/CODE] So when i do this it Displays everything on the sheet i am...
  • Rename and move files to a new location
    Dear all, I have an excel file with the following information. The actual file name is at column A but i want to rename it using the following...
  • Help with True/False Formula
    Hello! Am stumped how to fix this formula, in which my result returns 'True', but it should return False. =IF(AG2=True...
  • Clear extra characters from a provided range of cells
    Dear All, I have following code which gives me desired output to remove extra characters from a provided range. But it takes too much time when...
  • Help with Current and highest streaks
    Hi there, I've just joined the forum and this is my first post. I've already spent quite a bit of time searching the net and this forum for a...