Dynamic Table based on added item to a 2nd table

Perryb

Hello,
I am working in Excel 2010, and would like to find a way to dynamically Expand a table with 10 rows added for each new project added in a 2nd table. So, for example, in the 1st table below, the 1st project from Table 2 is C-1. In table 1, the 3rd and 4th column defines Diciplines and departments for 10 rows, which need to be dynamically added each time a new project is added to Table 2. So, as you can see in Table 2, the last project added is test1. I am looking to dynamically expand Table 1 to add the 10 rows for the test1 project (so there is identical entries in column 3 and 4 for each project)
ProjectDisciplineDepartment
1C-1HardwareElectrical
2C-1HardwareMechanical
3C-1
HardwarePLD
4C-1IPTPE
5C-1SoftwareSoftware
6C-1SystemsReliability
7C-1SystemsSystems Design
8C-1SystemsTest Systems
9C-1LabLab Technician
10C-1DraftingDrafting
1C295HardwareElectrical
2C295HardwarePLD
3C295IPTPE
4C295SoftwareSoftware
5C295SystemsReliability
6C295SystemsSystems Design
7C295SystemsTest Systems
8C295HardwareMechanical
9C295LabLab Technician
10C295DraftingDrafting
1C130HardwareElectrical
2C130HardwarePLD
3C130IPTPE
4C130LabLab Technician
5C130SoftwareSoftware
6C130SystemsReliability
7C130SystemsSystems Design
8C130SystemsTest Systems
9C130HardwareMechanical
10C130DraftingDrafting

<colgroup><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

New Programs
C-1
C295
C130
test1

<colgroup><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Thanks
Perry

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vexceled

This Week's Hot Topics

• Change military grades into rank
    Afternoon all Need help with formula that will change military rank (i.e. 1, 2, 3 into Amn, A1C, SrA). Running IF formula that does not work...
  • VBA COUNTIF SOLUTION
    Hi The following are the errors spread across the several columns from E to Q ie. 13 columns across several sheets with more than 500 rows per...
  • INSERT ROW WITH SPECIFIS TEXT IN A COLUMN
    Hi All! How can identify that that the row to be inserted has to be inserted before 1st row with specific text in column F. If I record the...
  • Auto-Create a monthly Sign in sheet for preschool students
    The image below is what each page looks like. Above is space for the "Child Name" "Month" "Class" School days are obviously Monday-Friday but...
  • VBA vlookup multiple results
    Hi folks, Hopefully someone out there can help. I have a list to vlookup which works (ish). the lookup only picks up the first instance of the...
  • Extract values for earliest/latest times
    I am trying to put together a formula to get the earliest start time, the latest end time from column A for each person in Column B-F without the...