Worf

Dynamic user form images with VBA

Worf

Worf submitted a new Excel article:

Dynamic user form images with VBA - This article shows how to load different pictures to a user form control.

Here are the main features of this example:

• The form has three controls: a combo box, a text box and an image control.
  • The combo box is populated from a worksheet range. Selecting a value will trigger an event which will populate the text box and the image control. VLOOKUP is used to navigate the source table.
  • The pictures are retrieved from a local drive.
  • If the image is small enough, like the hourglass below, all controls are visible. If the image is too large, the code...

Read more about this Excel article...

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Hi Worf,
My humble Apologies for the late response.
i managed to link the saved images on a folder to link with the userform ComboBox selection.
My program is a complicaing program and several things happen on the userform and displaying an image is just one for them.
the program is a large Inventory management program with thousands of individual items and houdreds of items come in and go out in a daily basis and everything is updated and managed by this form. its all linkd to a Unique Item code which pin points the data to it. 60% of the material in the inventory are unknown to me and by placing an image really helps to identify what the 'heck that specific item is ?.. now its done..

If anyone wants the code and the layout of the excel workbook i am happy to share..

the coding actually needs a lot of improving as i am sure it can be simplified for sure, but yet i am not an excel expert! until 6 months ago i didnt know excel can be used this way or a Userform existed ?. so this entire program is build on capturing code from there and there, coupling one to another, and asking for help from Good Folks like you guys..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max_pedreira

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back