Dynamic YTD that changes in one cell automatically

Careface

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hey guys,

Is it possible to create a dynamic ytd formula which updates automatically every time you add another month to the table but in the same cell?
So I want to be like this (example) => jan + feb 2022 divided by jan + feb 2023 and then the next time I'm filling in the numbers for march 2023, it automatically includes march 2022 in this YTD cell automatically so jan, feb & march 2022 divided by jan+feb+march 2023. And as mentioned I want this formula to update in the same cell each time.

Is this possible?

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
It could be done, but you need to describe the layout and location of your data. The formula would count the number of entries in the 2023 row or column and use that count to sum the appropriate values in the 2022 row or column.

Upvote 0
Screen Shot 2023-04-10 at 20.12.02.png

It looks like this. So the 42% is the cell where YTD would automatically include the next month in 2022 (for example March-22) when I would fill in the financials for the month of March-23. As of now the formula is YTD (jan+feb 2023) /(Jan+Feb 2022)-1 but as mentioned this doesn't automatically update. Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
It could be done, but you need to describe the layout and location of your data. The formula would count the number of entries in the 2023 row or column and use that count to sum the appropriate values in the 2022 row or column.
I replied to your comment but not sure if I tagged you so I'll do it in this comment just in case.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back