Dynamically Rank Stores - Cubeset, CubeRankedMember (works 99,9%, who helps me with the 0,01%)?

Rickmaurinus

Platform
  1. Windows
Dear Excel gurus,

Recently I've build a dashboard to show the performance of our stores. Data has been put in the data model, and I made measures in power pivot (DAX) to measure performance.

To dynamically rank my stores in Excel I've used the CubeSet and CubeRankedMember functions in excel. The ranking is based on a Measure that shows the percentage of the target that is reached in a week. This has worked very well for me up to now. Yet this week I found out, that when stores have negative sales (products being returned), and the percentage of target that is reached is negative, my ranking isn't working anymore.

Attached you can find the example workbook with a more elaborate explanation. It has sales data for 10 stores, with 2 managers and 2 weeks of data. You can use the slicer to select the right week with data. In the first week of 2017, the ranking is correct. Yet in week two of 2017, it shows 4 stores of manager 1 (rank 1-4), then has 5 empty cells (ranked 5-9) and lastly shows the store number 9 with negative sales of manager 1 (rank 10).

My challenge is to rank store 9 as 5th, and not show empty cells. Any help would be appreciated. I'm so close to the solution!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/itgt08w4xcsviaq/Casus 1.xlsx?dl=0

With kind regards,

Rick de Groot

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RExcelSearch

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back