Easier way to do this w/out boggin Excel?

PCRIDE

Hi, I build a lot of dashboards with just raw data, my data sets are calculating different metrics for different groups.

I have always done Sumifs and created the metrics by criteria. The problem with this is some of the metrics formulas can be quite large and before I know it my formula is 6 rows long. I have noticed this starts to bog down excel. I also create addtional helper cells to get 1 or 0 to make some of the formulas shorter.

The other problem I have is when there is no data or dividing by 0 I get the #DIV/0!, is there any other way of making this blank other than using ISERR or any of those? Because using those you have to double up the formula and it becomes very large, If(ISERR ,(6 nested formulas do this, otherwise do that.

Here is my formula.

=SUMIFS(TT_TT!$EI:$EI,TT_TT!$DY:$DY,SD!$S$52,TT_TT!$DP:$DP,SD!O58)/(SUMIFS(IM_RF!$EG:$EG,TT_TT!$EI:$EI,"0",TT_TT!$DY:$DY,SD!$S$52,TT_TT!$DP:$DP,SD!O58)+SUMIFS(TT_TT!$EI:$EI,TT_TT!$DY:$DY,SD!$S$52,TT_TT!$DP:$DP,SD!O58))

If I wanted to avoid the DIV/0 error the formula would be doubled.

=if(iserrr(SUMIFS(TT_TT!$EI:$EI,TT_TT!$DY:$DY,SD!$S$52,TT_TT!$DP:$DP,SD!O58)/(SUMIFS(IM_RF!$EG:$EG,TT_TT!$EI:$EI,"0",TT_TT!$DY:$DY,SD!$S$52,TT_TT!$DP:$DP,SD!O58)+SUMIFS(TT_TT!$EI:$EI,TT_TT!$DY:$DY,SD!$S$52,TT_TT!$DP:$DP,SD!O58),"--",SUMIFS(TT_TT!$EI:$EI,TT_TT!$DY:$DY,SD!$S$52,TT_TT!$DP:$DP,SD!O58)/(SUMIFS(IM_RF!$EG:$EG,TT_TT!$EI:$EI,"0",TT_TT!$DY:$DY,SD!$S$52,TT_TT!$DP:$DP,SD!O58)+SUMIFS(TT_TT!$EI:$EI,TT_TT!$DY:$DY,SD!$S$52,TT_TT!$DP:$DP,SD!O58))

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
hmm, if you had excel 2007 or higher, you could use:

=IFERROR(SUMIFS(TT_TT!$EI:$EI,TT_TT!$DY:$DY,SD!$S$52,TT_TT!$DP:$DP,SD!O58)/(SUMIFS(IM_RF!$EG:$EG,TT_TT!$EI:$EI,"0",TT_TT!$DY:$DY,SD!$S$52,TT_TT!$DP:$DP,SD!O58)+SUMIFS(TT_TT!$EI:$EI,TT_TT!$DY:$DY,SD!$S$52,TT_TT!$DP:$DP,SD!O58)),"--")

as for the sumifs ...
I would be inclined to suggest sumproduct, but since you will have to convert something like A:A to A1:A1000, that might wind up making your formula larger ...

anywho, good luck

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaliya13

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back