Easy Help

VanCleave8

Hey guys first timer here, as you can tell Ive struggled to insert a picture, Ive been trying for an hour. Hopefully, we can get by with this. So im creating a golf stats sheet to share with buddies. I want to create a Stroke Differential column. Here is what Id like to accomplish...I want my formula in M4. I need it to do this...anytime a name in column E matches I4 "BOGEY" then take the difference from Column D and Column F. So the math would look like 99-84=15....77-65=12...15+12=27 and continue that for the rest of the sheet. Then I need to be able to copy that formula down Column M to each golfer. In the actual sheet there is a blank column in H as D-G and I-M are their own tables. Any help I would greatly appreciate, Ive been screwing around trying to make this work for hours and cant seem to get it to work past the first row. Sorry again about not having a screenshot, hopefully this still works.

JVC

DEFGIJKLM
3MY SCOREOPPONENTOPP. SCORERESULTOPPONENTWONLOSSSTREAKSTROKE DIFF
499BOGEY84LBOGEY
574JMACK88WJMACK
677BOGEY65LBG
778CAPTAIN78TCAPTAIN

<tbody>
</tbody>

DISREGARD EVERYTHING BELOW THIS

STROKE DIFF
4 99BOGEY84LBOGEY
WJMACK
65LBG
7 7878TCAPTAIN

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Code:
=If(E4="BOGEY",D4-F4,"")
Put in cell M4 and drag down as far as needed.

Upvote 0
Shouldn't the formula be...

Code:
=If(E4=F4,D4-F4,"")
and drag down ??

Upvote 0
Whiz, yes that's correct but I need the formula to run down the entire E column. So that formula needs to run E6 because it says bogey also. Then add that answer to 15 making the new answer 27. That make sense?

Upvote 0
I'm wondering if you are wanting a cumulative differential (down the list) for your matches against each opponent ?

Eg..
Excel Workbook
DEFGHIJKLMN
3**********????
499Bogey84*******15
574Jmack88*******-14
677Bogey65*******27
778Captain78*******0
8***********
9***********
Sheet1

Note that you type the formula without the curly braces and then hit enter whilst holding the Ctrl and Shift keys.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
OOOOW....sorry, should have been !!

Code:
=If(E4=I4,D4-F4,"")

and drag down

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Maybe I can word this better. M4 needs to be this...anytime the name Bogey appears in Column E, might be 3x or 267x, I need it to take D4-F4 and all of those occurrences up. So in my example there the returned answer should be 27. If I add BOGEY again in E8 and add 70 in D4 and 80 in F4 then my be returned answer should be 17 at that point.

Thanks again everyone, know this may be confusing without an actual picture of the sheet.

Upvote 0
Maybe I can word this better. M4 needs to be this...anytime the name Bogey appears in Column E, might be 3x or 267x, I need it to take D4-F4 and all of those occurrences up. So in my example there the returned answer should be 27. If I add BOGEY again in E8 and add 70 in D8 and 80 in F8 then my be returned answer should be 17 at that point.

Thanks again everyone, know this may be confusing without an actual picture of the sheet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back