edit a calculated field from a pivot table

alexaronson

Hello,

I have a pivot table which I have created a calculated field called WMAPE which stands for Weighted Mean Absolute Precent Error. The formula looks like this.

=IF(AND(SUM(Actual)=0,SUM(Forecast)=0),0,IF( SUM(Actual)=0,100,'Abs Error'/Actual))

The first IF is checking to see if a forecast and actual existed, if both values = 0, then WMAPE = 0 since there is no error.

The second if is going to check to make sure if Actual equal 0 than WMAPE is 100 because the user forecasted a value, but nothing shipped.

Else, if neither condition exist, WMAPE is Abs Error / Actual.

It turns out that some of my raw data for Actual contains negative numbers which is causing my WMAPE to return a negative number which is not correct.

I would like to edit the calculated firled to add another IF statement to fix my negative problem. However, I cannot find out how to do that?

Any suggestions?

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
What is the value you want to return if Actual is negative? If you want a positive value to be returned, you can use this -

=IF(AND(SUM(Actual)=0,SUM(Forecast)=0),0,IF( SUM(Actual)=0,100,ABS('Abs Error'/Actual)))

Else, can you provide the answer to my first question?

Upvote 0
Prabby,

Adding the absolute value to final result would work as well and is probably better than adding another IF statement.

However, I still need to be able to edit the Calculated Field to make the change.

Thanks,

Upvote 0
I been struggling with this for about an hour so I decide to post. So I go and post and struggle some more while waiting for help and what you know, I figured it out.

To edit a calcualted field in Office 2007, do the following:
1) Click on the Options tab for the Pivot Table Tools
2) Click on the drop down arrow under Formulas, amd select calculated fields
3) Where it says name, click on the drop down box and select your calcualted field.
4) Edit your formula, and click OK.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back