Edit/Delete Button and ComboBox in sheets

SirTertle

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello All,

I'm creating an application using VBA to practice my skills, but I'm stuck on a couple of parts. One of them I think would be easier for a more regular user as I know I've seen the instructions on how to do it, but I can't find it anymore.

The first thing I'm wanting to do is have a button for edit and a button for delete and when a cell is chosen I want to either edit that row or delete it. I can't quiet find the code to make this work.

The second thing is, when a user creates a new entry that get's added to the form, is there a way to make some of those cells a ComboBox so I can quickly change it's status or priority?

Thanks!

OK your question is much bigger than what I thought. You need someone to tell you how to create a userform, add all the controls, load the data from the worksheet, edit it, and save the data when you are done. I know how to do all of that but I don't have the time to prepare a tutorial on it. That is much more than I bargained for and I will step aside to hope someone else looks in who has a bit more time to contribute.
Hey no worries! I understand. I don't really need help in all that other stuff other than figure out how to select that line. I know how to insert the information. I just need to select that row and the contents in it. But thank you for trying! I appreciate it!!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
You said "when a cell is chosen", so you are not going to select the line. You are counting on the fact that the user has already done it. To reference a cell in column A in the row that the user selected and load into a text box:

VBA Code:
TextBox1 = Cells(Selection.Row, "A")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back