Edit Links in Protected Sheets / Link to a file "in the same folder" (without specifying the path)

pecosvil

Board Regular
I have a protected spreadsheet that links to another spreadsheet that is in the same folder (C:\example\master.xlsx and C:\example\subordinate.xls)

I want to be able to use them both in any computer (that means, in any folder). For instance, I would like to be able to paste those two files in "C:\output\", delete "C:\example\*.xls" and keep working. Right now if I try to do that it says that the link is broken "C:\example\subordinate.xls" couldn't be found (source not found).

Now, the spreadsheet is protected, which means the user cannot edit the links right now.
1) Can I leave the "Edit Links" unprotected while leaving the rest of the spreadsheet protected? That would solve the problem, as the final user of the spreadsheets will just adjust the path and that's it.

Another approach could be the following:
2) Somehow specify that "subordinate.xls" path is the same as "master.xls". As long as both files are in the same folder, it should work independently of the path.

Do you know how to do it? (either 1, or 2 or any other approach that could work for me)

Many thanks in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_Dubs

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...