Edit Replace

baggarwal

Hi All:

I am struggling with replacing links. For example here is a sample link I want to modify.

'J:\Acc_Team\Send Reports 2006\Period 10\Week 1\[C_Buffalo_P10W1.xls

Picture this. I have a bunch of regions (i.e. Boston, Buffalo, Chicago etc) in Period 10 Week 1 folder on the J:

All I want to do is point the link to the Period 10 Week 2 folder. However, I have to do this one by one with the entire link (i.e. the sample).

I just want to selct an entire column and replace Week 1 with Week 2 and P10W1 with P10W2.

I also want to eventually replace Period 10 reference to Period 11. Does anyone know how I can do this.

When i select the cells I want changed and go edit links change source it changes everything on me.

Can someone help.

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
I probably have misinterpreted what you want, because my suggestions below seem too easy!

As far as going to the different "Week 1", "Week 2", etc., why no just have one link: 'J:\Acc_Team\Send Reports 2006\Period 10
From there, you can select the Week, and then your strange [C_Buffalo_PioWq.xls, or whatever other files you have in the Week chosen folder.

To replace the Period 10, all you have to do is change the 0 to a 1.

Upvote 0
No this won't work. I have already saved all 100 files in Week 1 with the file names. I can't individually change them now.

Does anyone else have any suggestions.

Upvote 0
Can I put each item in brackets or match it someway. Everything I try opens up the folder and i have to click cancel cancel cancel.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back