Editable VLOOKUP spreadsheet. What am I missing?

Slygui

So I am attempting to make a pricing cheat sheet for my work. I have been fine with excel up until my new ambitions and I am not quite sure how it may be possible. Essentially I have an excel doc that is generated by my employer but it is long and cannot be easily printed for customer facing use. It would end up being a big packet. Anyway I have shortened it to a one pager. It looks great and I have been maintaining it for over two years. The only thing I've always hated about it is I have to manually enter values when it updates. All of the hard parts are completed with formulas but it still takes 20 minutes or so to complete. I want to be able to copy and paste the provided files and have VLOOKUP finish the rest for me. When sitting down to figure this out, I ran into another issue; this is what brought me here. This is what my setup looks like now.
Device Namecost 1cost 2cost 3cost 4
Good$10$5$15$23
Better$13$7$22$35
Best$15$10$25$40
Amaze-Balls$20$12$30$45

<tbody>
</tbody>

I want to be able to type in the device name in column A and have the cost values populate from another tab in the workbook based on the "device name". The problem is if I type in a new device name in A2, i.e. "Better", I want cell B2 to change as well to reference the proper cost cell for "Better". So ultimately, I can just type in the names of the devices in column A and the formulas will look up the values from another tab and insert them in all the rest of the cells in that row that corresponds to the device name.
I hope this is enough explanation. I feel like this is something simple but I just cant grasp what i need to do.
Thanks!!

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
A lot depends on the source data. (Doesn't it always)
A pivot table could be a quick solution. Filter gives a drop down selection instead of typing or you can use a search filter-results. You could also select multiple items at the same time (Or use Slicers)
VLOOKUPs must be hitting an overly large array.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back