Editing data in existing table with a userform combined with a combobox

Skitto

Hello, I am very new to VBA and excel, only started yesterday. I have made a table connected to a userform. The table contains information about a family, so a lot of information in a lot of different cells, but always on the same row.

The userform asks for the user to enter the required data and in then posted into the table.

What I want to do with a new button is make it possible for the user to edit the already inserted data. The new userform that is identical to the previous additionally has a "Choose family" combobox. This combobox allows the user to choose from the family names in the column in the table, and once chosen it retrieves the data in the cells next to it into the input boxes, and allows for the user to edit around in the already existing data.

The key to retrieving the data is the family name, which is the first word in the row.

I made the combobox by just making a reference to the A column. So A5:A10000. Is there a smarter way to find the name? Say by using the already implemented list in the table. Because this leads on to my main question:

How do I find the row that the family name is on, I mean that's the key component here. Because I need to retrieve the data into the userform from that row, and I need to update the data in the table on that row.

I am lost. Would appreciate any help.

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Just any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I just need to determine what row the Family Name is on, and these are all inside the combobox, so it must be stored somewhere?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flashbond

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back