editing/deleting user name dropdown on login

I think you mean "browser form autofill". It is a browser feature that auto-fills the credentials associated with the site on the login page that you are trying to log in to, nothing related to the websites.

I believe there should be settings to disable the auto-fill in various browsers. You can check your browser settings. For example, in Chrome, I saw Settings->Autofill->Passwords to clear the saved credentials in the browser cache.

I hear you and did the following on Firefox (which I know is not you) and can't get rid of it. I can delete some of the suggestions, which I entered by mistake. I am not used to seeing this on other websites. If you find out a way to get rid of this please let me know. I Googled the issue but didn't come up with much. I cannot use Safari, my prefernece ,without getting bombarded with Macafee virus scams and Flash player scams, just on Mr Excel. Here's a pic of what I checked/unchecked,on Firefox also cleared cookies cache yadayada.

FFOX.png

This worked for me in Firefox
When the drop-down choices appear use down arrow key to highlight an entry you no longer want & press the Delete key.
Repeat for other unwanted entries.

Edit: Just noticed you are using MacOS, you may need this (I don't have Mac to test)

(On Mac use "Shift + Delete" or, if using an extended keyboard, "Shift+Backspace").

This worked for me in Firefox
When the drop-down choices appear use down arrow key to highlight an entry you no longer want & press the Delete key.
Repeat for other unwanted entries.

Edit: Just noticed you are using MacOS, you may need this (I don't have Mac to test)

(On Mac use "Shift + Delete" or, if using an extended keyboard, "Shift+Backspace").
YES ,i forgot already, you use some key combo which includes the down arrow, but it comes back....I'll probably go to chrome which doesn't have this as a "Feature"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back