EDITING MP3 IDv2 info via excel

x-amount

Hi guys,

Firstly, happy holidays to you all. Here's to a fantastic new year...

anyway...

I have seen 'all' the threads here on editing the id3 info of a MP3 file, but I cant find one which matches my problem exactly.

I have found the code for editing IDv1 information, and I have found the code for 'getting' IDv2 information on a file (which works fine as a 'getter', and I would disseminate it, but it seems pretty high-end stuff for my knowledge), still I can't find one which (obviously) can edit IDv2 information.

Can anyone help please?

TVMIA

x

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Thanks mr click, that looks good!

Could you (or anyone!) please expand a little on how to use the ocx file? It's nt something I'm too familiar with. Do I have to copy the ocx into a particular dir?

Could you perhaps post some sample code too?!

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Sure. The zip file you will download from the provided link will give you handful of files. The OCX(which is a control - like a textbox, combobox, ect). This is a control that does not contain a user interface but simply provides an interface to the developer. To use it, simply copy "PanthersMp3TagOcx.ocx" to the same path as your workbook or register the control in one of two ways.

Start, Run.
Type in this syntax:
regsvr32 "Path...\\PanthersMp3TagOcx.ocx"
where path is the folder location of the ocx file. This will register the ocx and make it available to your projects. Here is an example on my computer.

regsvr32 "C:\Documents and Settings\Tom\Desktop\Mr Excel Files\PanthersMp3TagOcx.ocx"

Or from the Control Toolbox in Excel, you can click on "More Controls", Scroll all the way down and select "Register Custom Control", browse for the ocx file, doubl-click the file or click Ok.

Once the control is available, you can add it to a form. Unfortunetely, the developer did not provide a type library so I think that you have to add it to a form to use it. Maybe somebody can tell me how to reference this directly in code???

Anyway, here is how I use it in Excel...

Add a userform and rename it TagEditor. Right click on the Toolbox in VBA and choose "Additional Controls", scroll down for PantherMp3.... or browse for the OCX file if you have not registered it yourself. Add the control to your userform and rename it Mp3TagEditor.

Now, from anywhere in your project you can use it as such...

Code:
Dim TE As TagEditor

Sub EditSomeTags()
    With TE.Mp3TagEdit
        .ID3v2_Filename = "mp3 File path here..."
        If .ID3v2HasTag Then
            .ID3v2_Album = "New album name"
            .ID3V2_Artist = "New artist name"
            'ect...
        End If
    End With
End Sub

If you need more specific help, post away...

Tom

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Et_Cetera

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back