editing search box recordsource of asset template

cjmcneil

Hi All,

As a novice using access I'm using the asset template database to create a (hopefully) simple vehicle registry for work. The current asset template included in access has a search box in the 'Asset List' form header which when used displays the relevant records.

My vehicle registry has only 1 table where I have added some additional fields but I'm trying to work out the best way to edit the recordsource (I think this may be the best way to do this) for the search text box to include my additional fields in the records displayed. So for example I want to use the 'Asset List' form search box to display records when searching 'registrations' or 'location'; etc.

My database is really just used for this quick search and display function of all fields in my table. At this stage it doesn't need to do anything much more complicated than that.

If anyone can give me advice or look at my database to see how I can achieve this it would be highly appreciated because I'm a bit stuck at the moment.

Cheers,

cjmcneil <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Hi, this really depends on how the search box works and I think basically we can't answer without investigating into how that search box works in more detail.

For what it's worth, you can use access filters to do complex searches just as you would in Excel. You just need to present the results in a form in datasheet view.

Upvote 0
Thankyou, issue was resolved by editing the search filter macro and creating some more SetTempVar codes

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raviguru

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back