Editing WordArt FontSize

larnels

Editing WordArt using vba<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
I am having a problem with editing a shape (WordArt). You can step through this “With, End-With” without any errors and every line works except .FontSize (in red, the size never changes). I can work around this by changing the height and width of the WordArt, but this is mostly trial and error to finally get the desired font size.<o:p></o:p>
Code:
<o:p></o:p>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Sub ChngTxt1()<o:p></o:p>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]‘[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]With Sheets(1).Shapes(1).TextEffect<o:p></o:p>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial].Text = "Good Morning Everyone.”<o:p></o:p>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial].FontName = "Ariel"<o:p></o:p>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial].FontBold = True<o:p></o:p>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial].FontItalic = False<o:p></o:p>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=red][FONT=Arial].FontSize = 16<o:p></o:p>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]End With<o:p></o:p>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]End Sub[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][\code]<o:p></o:p>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]<o:p></o:p>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Once again any help would be appreciated<o:p></o:p>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]larnels<o:p></o:p>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]<o:p></o:p>[/FONT][/COLOR]

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
This works for me - note your typo

Rich (BB code):
Sub ChngTxt1()
With Sheets(1).Shapes(1).TextEffect
    .Text = "Good Morning Everyone.”"
    .FontName = "Arial"
    .FontBold = True
    .FontItalic = False
    .FontSize = 16
End With
End Sub

Upvote 0
Wow VoG, that was a really fast response, didn’t even have time to turn the pc off!. Unfortunately the typo was only in the post, not in the procedure. And it just won’t change the FontSize for me. I have tried exiting Excel and rebooting (basically clutching at straws). No help there. But it does works for you. Most weird. I’m completely stumped.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
I actually had a couple of typos in the post (showed I had an apostrophe before the “With” which I didn’t have in the macro) and I didn’t properly use the bbcode (I think I might have been fighting this FontSize thing too long) so I’ll post the code again. Sorry about that.<o:p></o:p>
Thanks a bunch for the quick response though!<o:p></o:p>
larnels<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Reposted code:<o:p></o:p>
Rich (BB code):
Sub ChngTxt1()<o:p></o:p>
With Sheets(1).Shapes(1).TextEffect<o:p></o:p>
   .Text = "Good Morning Everyone.”<o:p></o:p>
   .FontName = "Arial"<o:p></o:p>
   .FontBold = True<o:p></o:p>
   .FontItalic = False<o:p></o:p>
   .FontSize = 16<o:p></o:p>
End With<o:p></o:p>
End Sub<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
VoG, sorry again for not listing those important parameters of my system. I had them jotted down but didn’t include them in the post. I don’t think I am running on all cylinders today.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Windowsxp-sp2<o:p></o:p>
Excel 2000<o:p></o:p>
VBE 6.5<o:p></o:p>
Thanks again, larnels<o:p></o:p>

Upvote 0
VoG, you are really going to a lot of trouble trying to help me out. Anything you can do, no matter when will be greatly appreciated.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Upvote 0
I've just tested in Excel 2000 and it works fine - no errors and achieves the desired result.

Upvote 0
Thanks VoG and Michael M for basically “proving” what I have been thinking about my FontSize problem. It is weird, but evidently there is something a little fouled up with my Excel installation. I am going to do a clean reinstall of Excel and see if that fixes the problem. It isn’t really that important, as I said I can work around it, but now it has turned into a mystery that will drive me crazy if I can’t figure it out.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Thanks again,<o:p></o:p>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WORKINGWITHNOLEADER

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back