Effective Search Function

Semantics

I have this code I've written out in VBA to search and basically I want it to search in column A for a textbox value and, if found, provide the information from columns b-j in the same row so if information is found in a17 I want it to tell me b17, c17, d17 etc all the way to j17 (for example).

Right now it recognizes that a17 has a matching value to what's typed in the textbox, but will only yield results from b2, c2, d2 etc and I know it's got something to do with how I set my range and on next but it's been 2 years and I only remember so much. I need help figuring out what I did wrong and how to fix it.

Here is the code so far:

<tbody>
</tbody>
Private Sub userform1_Initialize()

With Worksheets("Patio 1 Cards" And "Patio 2 Cards")
Set Rng = .Range(.Range("A2:A1000"), .Range("j2:j1000").End(xlDown))
End With
Set Rng = Rng.Resize(, 9)
End Sub

Private Sub TextBox1_AfterUpdate()
On Error Resume Next
TextBox1.Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(Me.TextBox1, Worksheets("Patio 1 Cards" And "Patio 2 Cards").Range("A2:A1000"), 2, False)
Me.TextBox1.Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(Me.TextBox1, Worksheets("Patio 1 Cards").Range("A:J"), 2, False)
End Sub

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("Patio 1 Cards").Visible = True
Sheets("Patio 1 Cards").Select
Range("a2:J2").Select
For A = 1 To 1500
If ActiveCell.Value = TextBox1.Value = False Then
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
End If
Next A
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Copy

Sheets("Patio 1 Cards").Select
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2).Copy

Sheets("Patio 1 Cards").Visible = True
MsgBox "Purchaser last name: " & Sheets("Patio 1 Cards").Range("b2").Value & " Occupant first name: " & Sheets("Patio 1 Cards").Range("C2").Value & " Occupant last name: " & _
Sheets("Patio 1 Cards").Range("d2").Value & " Complex: " & Sheets("Patio 1 Cards").Range("e2").Value & " Patio: " & Sheets("Patio 1 Cards").Range("f2").Value & " Tier: " & _
Sheets("Patio 1 Cards").Range("g2").Value & " Crypt Number: " & Sheets("Patio 1 Cards").Range("h2").Value & " Contract Number: " & Sheets("Patio 1 Cards").Range("i2").Value & _
" GPID: " & Sheets("Patio 1 Cards").Range("j2").Value & "." & _
vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "If this is not the information you are looking for, please try a new search." & vbNewLine & "Check for any spelling errors.", vbInformation + vbOKOnly, "Property Inquiry"
Unload Me

End Sub

I know it's not perfect, but if anyone can at least sort out where the problem is that would help, too. Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Hi & welcome to the board.
If you're still looking for a solution to this, how about
Code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Dim Fnd As Range
   Dim Ary As Variant

With Sheets("Patio 1 Cards")
      Set Fnd = .Range("A:A").find("AL7 1UU", , , xlWhole, , , False, , False)
      If Fnd Is Nothing Then
         MsgBox "Not Found"
         Exit Sub
      End If
   End With
   Ary = Fnd.Resize(, 10)
   MsgBox "Purchaser last name: " & Ary(1, 2) & " Occupant first name: " & Ary(1, 3) & " Occupant last name: " & _
   Ary(1, 4) & " Complex: " & Ary(1, 5) & " Patio: " & Ary(1, 6) & " Tier: " & _
   Ary(1, 7) & " Crypt Number: " & Ary(1, 8) & " Contract Number: " & Ary(1, 9) & _
   " GPID: " & Ary(1, 10) & "." & _
   vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "If this is not the information you are looking for, please try a new search." & vbNewLine & "Check for any spelling errors.", vbInformation + vbOKOnly, "Property Inquiry"
   Unload Me

End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back