Eliminate active content from blank workbook

TinaP

Suddenly this morning whenever I open Excel (whether opening a blank workbook or previously created workbook) I must enable content. I have a digital signature for all macros that I write which is unexpired and trusted. When I turned on trust center logging, all of the add-ins that I have written say that the certificate is trusted and content is enabled. Add-ins from trusted providers such as Microsoft and Adobe have certificates from Microsoft and Digicert which are untrusted and content is blocked. Everything worked well yesterday; nothing has changed on my computer, especially in the Trust Center.

I can open Excel in Safe Mode without getting the message but lose too much functionality to do my job. I have disabled all add-ins and still get the message.

I don't understand why I have to enable content for trusted documents and blank workbooks. Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
I get that on the work laptop - A Group policy setting I think - perhaps the culprit? It could also explain why it wasn’t and now is there - i.e. a GP change.

Upvote 0
Thanks for answering. It *is* my work laptop. You have given me something to check into. It really seems like such a small inconvenience; I just have one extra button to click. But it annoys me to no end.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back