Eliminating extra pages

BillVasko

I have a 2 page excel document. However, for some reason, I have a bunch of extra crap that continues on past the pages. So when I post the document as a hyperlink on my web page, it not only shows the 2 page document, but it also shows all of the other extra pages. How do I eliminate all of these extra pages and confine my document just to 2 pages? Thanks!!

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Not, it's not. I created some workout charts and the gridlines continue on for pages past my original 2 pages that I created. Also, the headers and footers show up on all of those "extra" pages. Thanks for your response.

Upvote 0
Selecting print area worked, thanks!!

Now, problem #2 in my other thread that you posted in........when I post a document onto my web page, if I created multiple worksheets within the document, none of them will show up on the web. So that is why i need to copy and paste worksheets into a new workbook, and find a way to keep all of the formatting in the columns and rows.

Upvote 0
Maybe you could select every row beneathe the desired data, delete contents and clear all shading and borders. Sometimes, there's something there that you can't see. It's happened to me several times.

Upvote 0
yeah, that's true, i know what you mean. selecting print area worked, so that's what i'm going to go with. but you bring up an interesting point that's always bothered me.

you said to make sure all content, shading, and borders are deleted. but let's say you created a chart using borders, but have not put in any data. you just want a blank chart to fill things in by hand. but when you print, excel doesn't print anything since there was no data. or they may print JUST the cells that have data. how do you solve this? will selecting print area solve this also, or is there another method?

Upvote 0
well, i take it back. selectiong the print area does work if you are going to print the document, but it does not work for posting the document to the web!! anyone else have ideas???

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back