Email Excel Data using Outlook

imajprop

Email Data from Excel
Admittedly, this is over my head and I need some help. I am currently using Windows XP, Excel 2007 and Outlook as my email client.
Basically, I need to keep my clients informed of my activity on their project so I want to send them a form letter containing my notes (data cells).
My notes are entered into a row of merged cells and at the end of those cells I have placed a button for me to click to send the emails automatically to a list of 5 email addresses. Additionally, I would like the word "Sent" to appear beside each row once I have sent the emails.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Email Data from Excel
Admittedly, this is over my head and I need some help. I am currently using Windows XP, Excel 2007 and Outlook as my email client.
Basically, I need to keep my clients informed of my activity on their project so I want to send them a form letter containing my notes (data cells).
My notes are entered into a row of merged cells and at the end of those cells I have placed a button for me to click to send the emails automatically to a list of 5 email addresses. Additionally, I would like the word "Sent" to appear beside each row once I have sent the emails.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

have you tried using the macro recorder? How are you creating yor form letter? Do you just want to forward the merged cells to each client?

Upvote 0
rconverse,

I have not used the Macro Recorderd. I wish I could attach a copy of sample worksheet so you could see my needs, but I'll try to copy/paste some data.

I was originally thinking the form letter would be part of the coding, but I am open to ideas... maybe another sheet within the workbook?

I need to email just the notes below to a list of email addresses within the same worksheet. The notes are merged columns F through N.

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 557pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=741><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 53pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2596" width=71><COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" width=64><COL style="WIDTH: 9pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 438" width=12><COL style="WIDTH: 86pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4205" width=115><COL style="WIDTH: 38pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1828" width=50><COL style="WIDTH: 35pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1682" width=46><COL style="WIDTH: 32pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1572" width=43><COL style="WIDTH: 65pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3145" width=86><COL style="WIDTH: 9pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 438" width=12><COL style="WIDTH: 66pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3218" width=88><COL style="WIDTH: 68pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3291" width=90><COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" width=64><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.1pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=18><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: gray 1.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f2f2f2; WIDTH: 53pt; HEIGHT: 14.1pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid" class=xl66 height=18 width=71>Date</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f2f2f2; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid" class=xl67 width=64>Time:</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f2f2f2; WIDTH: 9pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid" class=xl67 width=12></TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f2f2f2; WIDTH: 447pt; BORDER-TOP: #003300 1pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: gray 1.5pt solid" class=xl82 width=594 colSpan=9>Notes</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: gray 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: gray 1.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #eaf1dd; WIDTH: 53pt; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-RIGHT: gray 0.5pt solid" class=xl71 height=17 width=71></TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: gray 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: gray; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #eaf1dd; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-RIGHT: gray 0.5pt solid" class=xl74 width=64></TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: gray 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: gray; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #eaf1dd; WIDTH: 9pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-RIGHT: gray 0.5pt solid" class=xl69 width=12></TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: gray 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: gray; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #eaf1dd; WIDTH: 447pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: gray 1.5pt solid" class=xl85 width=594 colSpan=9>The comments in this data field need to be emailed to a list of recipients using a trigger.</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: gray 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: gray 1.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 53pt; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BORDER-TOP: gray; BORDER-RIGHT: gray 0.5pt solid" class=xl72 height=17 width=71></TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: gray 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: gray; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-TOP: gray; BORDER-RIGHT: gray 0.5pt solid" class=xl75 width=64></TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: gray 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: gray; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 9pt; BORDER-TOP: gray; BORDER-RIGHT: gray 0.5pt solid" class=xl68 width=12></TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: gray 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: gray; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 447pt; BORDER-TOP: gray 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: gray 1.5pt solid" class=xl88 width=594 colSpan=9></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: gray 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: gray 1.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #eaf1dd; WIDTH: 53pt; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BORDER-TOP: gray; BORDER-RIGHT: gray 0.5pt solid" class=xl73 height=17 width=71></TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: gray 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: gray; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #eaf1dd; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-TOP: gray; BORDER-RIGHT: gray 0.5pt solid" class=xl76 width=64></TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: gray 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: gray; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #eaf1dd; WIDTH: 9pt; BORDER-TOP: gray; BORDER-RIGHT: gray 0.5pt solid" class=xl70 width=12></TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: gray 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: gray; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #eaf1dd; WIDTH: 447pt; BORDER-TOP: gray 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: gray 1.5pt solid" class=xl77 width=594 colSpan=9></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I was thinking we could use the column between the "Time" and "Notes" to place an X to use as a trigger and then click an email button.

Upvote 0
VoG,

I've been reading the info from the link you provided and this is litteraly learning another language for me. I'm trying to figure out what changes I need to make for customization, but more importantly how to email only what data I need to send.

Upvote 0
imajprop

Did you try the link Peter posted?

It's kind of the standard one for code for emailing from Outlook, not looked at it for some time but I'm sure it has code to send a range as the email body.

That should give you a start but it probably won't solve the whole thing - quite a big part of what you want to do isn't really an email thing.:)

PS You really should avoid using merged cells, they just cause grief.:eek:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonilla0331

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back