Email excel doc with color palette attached to ensure recipient sees doc in same color that I do

weysos

Hello

I will be emailing excel docs to different people who may or may not have the same color palettes as I do. I want them to see the doc in the same colors as I do but I don't want them to have to do any work to make that happen. Is there a way to email the color palette with the doc and the color palette will transfer automatically? Or is there a better idea?

Thank you

Last edited:

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Are you using custom colour pallete? if its colors that come with excel then you should be fine (provided they have the same version like 2007)

Upvote 0
That's the problem. Some people don't have the same version of excel that I do and, hence, they dont have the same colors i have. I want those people to see it as they would if they had the version of excel that I have.

Upvote 0
That's the problem. Some people don't have the same version of excel that I do and, hence, they dont have the same colors i have. I want those people to see it as they would if they had the version of excel that I have.

I use two methods when sending workbooks....
1. If its not that big a deal I use colors based on earlier versions of excel that way no worries.

2. If it is a big deal I use this little application which is free and works pretty well for me http://excelcampus.com/tools/color-palette-conversion and the fact that its free is nice too

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back