email part of a workbook

roc_ent

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
good mornig all,

I have a problem in sending only part of a workbook, i've tried the reference guide and somehow i am doing something wrong because it's just not working. So them i copied the information i needed to send which is a paystub from sheets 1 to 15, (and all the sheets are identical in cells) but when i copy and paste the employer's logo does not show up. Any ideas as to how i can do this.

Here is an example of my set up
sheets 1-15 were copied and pasted, this paystub book is automatically updated when I key in the hours from another workbook. Page 1 is the employee number 1's info and the paystub is created using lines 1-15 andso on for all 15 employees. the logo was inserted and is placed on top of cells A1 to D5. This is what is not copied over in a copy and past.

Thanks for your time.
BOB (y)

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
An ordinary Copy/Paste, as long as the range that is copied contains the cells covered by the image, should copy that image to the new sheet. You will then have to follow up with Copy/Paste Special/Values to convert the formulas in your first sheet to values in the second sheet.

Barry

Upvote 0
Select the sheets you want to send,
right click and 'move or copy',
tick the copy,
move to 'New Workbook'
Then send the new workbook from the File/Sendto/New Mail Receiptent as attachment.

Upvote 0
Hi Barry and Ken,

Barry your idea is exactly what i was doing, but it's not copying the inserted picture. When i go to the new workbook everything is there except the company logo. As for the formulas, I don't really care if they are transfered over because i'm only emailing the paystubs. Any other ideas would be great.

Ken, your idea is great, however, i'm not sending a whole sheet only certain rows on a sheet. Because the way i set it up, is that each employee has their own sheet with 27 paystubs on it. So i only want to send the rows that correspond with that payroll

any other suggestions.

ty in advance
:pray:

Upvote 0
I don't understand why it is not pasting the image. Over what cells is the image? What kind of image is it? How are you selecting the cells to copy? How are you pasting it?

Upvote 0
Hi Barry,

what i'm doing is highlighting the rows (ie 1 to 15 to cover the pay stub) then I right click and copy, i go to the new workbook and right click again and paste. The logo is a jpeg format. On the properties of the logo it says move but don't resize to cell. I have no clue what i'm doing wrong but it just won't move :cry:

worst comes to worst i'll just import it with every paystub i create, unless you get another brain storm. :)

thanks again

bob :confused:

Upvote 0
O.K., Bob. I think I reproduced your situation where the data is pasted but not the image. It happens to me when the target worksheet is protected, even though the target cells are unlocked. See if this is your situation and, if so, Unprotect the worksheet before pasting.

Barry

Upvote 0
thanks Barry, that worked, and then what i do is simply copy the logo and insert on the paystubs.

I wish you guys would have some kind of program to do payroll...... it would be much easier to do.

thanks again

bob

Upvote 0
Glad it worked, Bob. You should be able to copy the data and the images in the same operation.

As far as payroll programs: unless you're doing this as part of a learning exercise in Excel, why reinvent the wheel? There are dozens of payroll software programs out there, just Google.

Barry

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back