Email workbook without macros or vba module

Rockymtnhigh

Board Regular
I'm sure the answer to this question is elementary, but my kindergarten mind can't figure it out.

I want to send an excel workbook as an email attachment without any of the macros or vba modules showing. In other words I don't want the recipient to know my trade secrets or have access to same. I want the recipient to receive a sterile excel attachment with numbers only. Make sense?

I have saved a workbook without macros, but when I open it, the macros and vba modules still show up. Is this because the content in contained in my own excel on my own computer?

Thank you in advance.

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
You can use the Tools | VBA Project Properties... menu option in the VBE to set a password. On the Protection tab check the Lock Project for Viewing checkbox and provide a password. :eek: Just do not forget the password :eek: as we wouldn't tell you how to break them even if we knew... I tend to write myself a hint in the workbook's properties (normally in the comments) just in case I forget.

Upvote 0
I have saved a workbook without macros, but when I open it, the macros and vba modules still show up. Is this because the content in contained in my own excel on my own computer?

Thank you in advance.
Um, then you didn't save it without the code. :wink:

In order to make sure a workbook has no code, you need to go in and inspect it in the project explorer in the VBE, making sure there are no modules, class modules or userforms and that ever sheet object's module and the workbook's object module are clean (this means no OPTION EXPLICIT either).

Upvote 0
Um, then you didn't save it without the code. :wink:

In order to make sure a workbook has no code, you need to go in and inspect it in the project explorer in the VBE, making sure there are no modules, class modules or userforms and that ever sheet object's module and the workbook's object module are clean (this means no OPTION EXPLICIT either).

Thank you, Greg

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drewmorgan128

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back