embedded color

zulychg

Board Regular
please can someone tell me how can i modify some background color that is embedded. I have a worksheed that have some cell with embedded color i changed the color of the rest of the cell. Right now i have cell with different color in the midle of the worksheet... thanks

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type

Greg Truby

MrExcel MVP
You should be able to change a cell's color by selecting Format | Cells... from the menu, then the Patterns tab and picking the appropriate pattern, or selecting no color. There is also a quick-pallet for this on the Formatting toolbar that looks like a paint can.

If you tried this and this did not alter the color of the cells, then look for conditional formatting by seleting Format | Conditional Formatting... from the menu. The dialog box that opens should default to Cell Value is[ and between and two blank reference boxes and "no format set" in the sample box. If it is not showing you this, then click the Delete... button and uncheck all of the formats.

Note that it is always prudent to make a backup copy of the workbook prior to deleting things like CF, just in case you later decide that you shouldn't have deleted it.

HTH

Greg Truby

MrExcel MVP
You're welcome, JFYI - if you have a question that, due to its complexity, you have a hard time putting into English, you can always post in Spanish in Mr Excel's International lounge. Things move a lot slower there which is good and bad -- you might not get a quick answer, but your question remains on the front page much longer, so there's a good chance Juan Pablo, myself or some other good Excelers will see your question. On the main board, if it's a busy time of the day, your post may only be on the front "page" for fifteen to thirty minutes, sometimes even less; and once your about three or four pages back, your question get few views.

Saludos,

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhantam