embedded color

zulychg

Board Regular
please can someone tell me how can i modify some background color that is embedded. I have a worksheed that have some cell with embedded color i changed the color of the rest of the cell. Right now i have cell with different color in the midle of the worksheet... thanks

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
You should be able to change a cell's color by selecting Format | Cells... from the menu, then the Patterns tab and picking the appropriate pattern, or selecting no color. There is also a quick-pallet for this on the Formatting toolbar that looks like a paint can.

If you tried this and this did not alter the color of the cells, then look for conditional formatting by seleting Format | Conditional Formatting... from the menu. The dialog box that opens should default to Cell Value is[ and between and two blank reference boxes and "no format set" in the sample box. If it is not showing you this, then click the Delete... button and uncheck all of the formats.

Note that it is always prudent to make a backup copy of the workbook prior to deleting things like CF, just in case you later decide that you shouldn't have deleted it.

HTH

Upvote 0
You're welcome, JFYI - if you have a question that, due to its complexity, you have a hard time putting into English, you can always post in Spanish in Mr Excel's International lounge. Things move a lot slower there which is good and bad -- you might not get a quick answer, but your question remains on the front page much longer, so there's a good chance Juan Pablo, myself or some other good Excelers will see your question. On the main board, if it's a busy time of the day, your post may only be on the front "page" for fifteen to thirty minutes, sometimes even less; and once your about three or four pages back, your question get few views.

Saludos,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ak94

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back