Embedded Progress Bars in Forms

SStrange

Board Regular
So I have a form I have been working with which brings data from files (mostly excel; some .csv) and populates my tables (clearing old data). There are some file conversions and whatnot as well. The problem is, I want to be able to make this easy to understand for others when things are complete. I would like to add a progress bar beside each button/step showing on the form where people could see that all of the importing and updates are complete. I have a found some code but I was wondering if anyone had anything that they used for this in the past?

Thanks,

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
SStrange,

Try using two text boxes. The first should be fixed width, border. The second should be the same height, and same top-left corner, backColor (green), no border. Change the width of the box to match the progress.

Upvote 0
A rectangle is often used for this, sometimes along with a textbox like Tubal suggests. It's mostly about what design you prefer since the rectangle is flatter in appearance. You may find that whatever is going on in the background happens too fast for the screen to update your form progress bar, so a pause and form repaint might be required between phases. If you divide the overall width by the number of phases, you can calculate the increments needed, but it will jump from one length to the next, not be a gradual transition like you might be expecting.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leon Leenders

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back