Embedding PDF file into a specific cell

mcomp72

Board Regular
I have written a macro to allow for embedding a PDF file into an Excel sheet. I want the icon for the file to show up in a certain cell. So far, so good, but I do have some questions.

But first, my code:

Code:
Range("AN5").Select

ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Add(ClassType:="AcroExch.Document.DC", Link:=False, _
        DisplayAsIcon:=True, _
        IconIndex:=0, IconLabel:=NameForPDFIcon, _
        IconFileName:="C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-AC0F074E4100}\PDFFile_8.ico").Activate
My questions:

1. I would like the icon to be in the center of Cell AN5, but instead it is justified to the top and left. If I add in Top and Left numbers into the OLEObjects.Add line, it will move the icon into cell A1. I can't figure out how to use Top & Left relative to the cell I have selected before Add line.

2. Whenever the file is embedded, the PDF opens. Is there a way to NOT have it open?

3. The IconFileName part has the very long string of letters and numbers. (I got this from recording a macro and then inserting a PDF into a sheet.) It looks like a registry address. If I use this file on another computer, will the icon show up there? I assume this long string of characters would be different on another computer? Anyone know how I can make it so this works no matter what computer it's running on? I plan to send this file to several other people when it's done.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pwilson06

This Week's Hot Topics