Embedding Photos into Excel

DPChristman

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a form that I created in Excel, that requires the embedding of photos in the report.

Is there a way to do a copy and paste, and get the photos to automatically fit into a pre-sized box?

I can do this manually by pasting an dragging the corners till the picture fits, but I am working with people who are not that comfortable with Excel, so I am looking for a more simplistic process.

Also trying to cut back on people turning a 50KB spreadsheet into a 10MB monstrosity

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
So you're using a Userform? And what control are you putting rhe images in? An imageBox?

Upvote 0
So you're using a Userform? And what control are you putting rhe images in? An imageBox?
not sure what you mean by image box (I don't see that option). That is why I am trying to find the best way to do this for an inexperienced user

Upvote 0
When you say you you created a form, what do you mean? Is this something that you made on the worksheet? Or something else?

I ask because Excel has something called userforms (which some people refer to as 'forms'), which are custom windows you can make and put things like buttons and text ones etc on it. There is also an image box which is a predefined box onto which you can put pictures etc.

I suppose the better question might be - are you looking to use VBA code for your solution?

Upvote 0
When you say you you created a form, what do you mean? Is this something that you made on the worksheet? Or something else?

I ask because Excel has something called userforms (which some people refer to as 'forms'), which are custom windows you can make and put things like buttons and text ones etc on it. There is also an image box which is a predefined box onto which you can put pictures etc.

I suppose the better question might be - are you looking to use VBA code for your solution?
Just a format I threw together, prefer not to use any VBA if not necessary

Upvote 0
Then that sounds like processing these images on the worksheet, and not the userform. I'm afraid I can only think of potential solutions in VBA.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back