Emergency !!!

matthew230

Board Regular
Hi,

I have spent the whole day coding a little utility to automate some document production.

Unfortunately during testing I have managed to lock it into some kind of loop. I have a macro instructing it to print a sheet from a userform button. It has now opened the print preview screen, but I forgot to hide the userform, and now everything is jut binging at me when I click on it.

I checked when I had last saved it, and it was 2 hours ago !!

Anybody know any tricks to get out of this l

Thanks,

Matt

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
Have you attempted to close Excel using the Red X, this can normally interrupt the code enough to get it to stop. Have you checked what the Task Manager has said about Excel?

Upvote 0
Have you attempted to close Excel using the Red X, this can normally interrupt the code enough to get it to stop. Have you checked what the Task Manager has said about Excel?

The red button is disabled as we are on print preview screen, and the userform is still displayed. The red button is on the userform enabled, but just keeps giving windows error noise.

Task manager showing 0 CPU and 25mb ram. Which would be normal.

Perhaps there is another task other than excel that I could try to stop ??

Upvote 0
If you close Excel totally and reopen your workbook selecting 'Disable Macro's' is that possible

Upvote 0
Reason I ask is that you may be able to access the code and find out what exactly it is that causes the unwanted loop. I have done this myself in the past and I have read posts that show the same

Upvote 0
If you close Excel totally and reopen your workbook selecting 'Disable Macro's' is that possible

Actually closing excel is not a problem. I could do that through task manager. But then I will probably lose two hours of coding ! I need to to some how close the userform so I can close the print preview and then save the progress before making the changes needed so it doesn't happen again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adamsxl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back