Employee hour tracker wont accept new entries??

money01

I have a 90 day tracker for employees hours. The only thing this tracker is concerned with is to make sure employees don't work over a specified number of hours within a revolving 90 day period. I have a summary page with 90 days starting with =today() and scrolls down to =today()-90. (it actually goes =a2-1, =a3-1, ect...) i have a details sheet that has employees numbered 1-45 along row1, employee names along row 2, and non revolving dates in column A ranging from april 07 - dec 07. using the formula on my summary sheet starting in cell B2:

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($A2,Details!$A$2:$AT$92,Details!B$1+1,FALSE)),"",(VLOOKUP($A2,Details!$A$2:$AT$92,Details!B$1+1,FALSE)))
The formula respectivly coinsides with each cell for the whole 45 columns and 92 rows

this keeps the number of hours worked per day sticking with the daily changing dates. It works great, except it wont accept new entries. when the date changes, it rolls the dates and hours like its supposed to, but it appears the formula is doing nothing for the =today() row and every new day after the orginal spreadsheet was made. Hope i explained that good enough. any ideas on how to make it accept new entries?

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Use formula:
=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($A2,Details!$A:$AT,Details!B$1+1,FALSE)),"",(VLOOKUP($A2,Details!$A:$AT,Details!B$1+1,FALSE)))
This way you donot restrict the lookup to the first 91 rows

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back