Employee lists

jdixon12

I have a worksheet that has a list of employees divided by team on it. What I want to do is have a macro that can go through this list pick out the names for a team, copy the names and paste them on a new worksheet.

To make it eaiser the names are all in the same column. There is a blank cell between lists of names and each list starts with a cell that says "First Name" (though it is really their full name).

So what I want it to do is search through the column and find "First Name" then select all of the names down to the blank cell, copy them, and past them to a new sheet. It should then continue to the next cell that has "First Name" in it.

I have tried piecing this togther from assorted posts on the message board by I don't think I am even using the correct approach... any thoughts?

Thank you very much for all the help, this message board is a life saver !!

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Hi and welcome to the board. Why are you making this difficult? Your blank rows are killing you. Design your table with 2 columns. Name and Team. Then you can use all sorts of Excel tools to get whatever list you want.

lenze

Upvote 0
Working with what I have

I probably didn't explain that the table I am working with is actually an exported report from our employee management software. I don't have any control of how the report comes out, I just want to modify it so that it is a sign in sheet.

Upvote 0
If you post a sample of your sheet and which parts you want someone can write the code to create a new list.

Not sure if Auto Filter would do what you want.

I'd do it but it's "bath time" for a 2 year-old. ;)

Smitty

(Heya Lenze, how'd it go?)

Upvote 0
Sorry project pushed to backburner

Sorry my project was pushed to the back burner and haven't had a chance to check the boards.

How do I give you the worksheet... it doesn't look like I can add attachments to my posts?

Upvote 0
If you look at the bottom of this page, you should see a link to Colo's HTML Maker utility...
It comes with instructions, and is pretty much straightforward to install and use, but it's useful to keep the instructions handy the first time through.
Cindy

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back