Employee Performance Reviews

IanPayroll

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
My dilemma is this:

I have a word document which employees use to fill in their information for the purpose of performance reviews.

Employee Name:Adam Adamson
Employee Objective:
To complete this project by June 1, 2022 and be on budget.
Weighting:​
(5%-50%)
Employee Self-Review Comments
I completed this project on time, but the projected budget was exceeded.
Manager Review Comments:
Project was completed on time.
Budget was exceeded due to issues that were not under Adam’s control. Budgeting for areas Adam did control were in line with projected costs.
Performance Rating:​
Total Weighting:​

The above example is repeated six times for 6 different objectives, a performance rating is given at the end of each section and a total weighting and is calculated at the end of the sixth “objective”.

Performance Rating has a drop down which includes:

• Exceeded
  • Successful
  • Partial Met
  • Did Not Meet

I have created the same form in excel which addressed this issue of adding the weighting % to ensure 100% weighting is met.

The issue I have now is that the type fields in excel do not function as they do in word for ex; need to hit Alt-Enter to go to the next line and the type field will not adjust with the text typed so employees would need to adjust the row height to fit the text they put in and not overwrite the next sections.

Is the solution to this to simply insert a text box and make it large enough that no one would ever write more than the space provided? Or is there another solution to this problem, one which allows the adding capabilities with a total for each section and a grand total as well as the ease of typing in word? My goal is to capture the data entered by the employee and their supervisor in another excel file to analyze the data.

This form needs to be as user friendly as possible but still have functionality.

I would prefer to keep this in excel over word if possible.

I appreciate your time and assistance with this matter.

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Hi,

Please check if below solution works:

The type fields in excel do not function as they do in word for ex; need to hit Alt-Enter to go to the next line and the type field will not adjust with the text typed so employees would need to adjust the row height to fit the text they put in and not overwrite the next sections.

- Quick solution: insert text box (Insert -> Text -> Text box). The height of text box will change according to the length of sentence. Also no need to press Alt-Enter to go to next line.
- you can design the form in Excel User form but need to write macro to move the data in excel sheet. This is more user friendly.

In below I have inserted Text box for employee and manager comments.

insertTextbox.jpg

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back