Employee survey analysis

DaddyO72

Hello,
For years I have googled and searched how to analyze employee exit survey data, in a PivotTable if possible. I finally decided to ask the experts on this forum.
I have a number of characteristics for each employee who answers the survey, like age range, area, division, etc.... I then ask about 10 questions with the employee rating the top 3 answers for leaving (see last table below).

When I do a PivotTable, I want to find how many employees said 1, 2 or 3 for the first question...1, 2, or 3 for the second question, etc... and put it in a chart. I build the PivotTable (see table below...sorry for reversing the tables) but it is missing values. I put the questions in the rows field, and used the first question as the value, but it doesn't always have all the values. Any idea how to do this correctly? I assume this would be the same issue for a survey with a likert scale and trying to determine how many agrees, etc... are in each question. TIA

Reason for leaving...bad bossReason for leaving...low payReason for leaving...promotionEtc...
1s1686
2s1214
3s122

Employee NameAge RangeAreaDivisionReason for leaving...bad bossReason for leaving...low payReason for leaving...promotionEtc...
Jane Doe35-44EMEASales132
John Doe18-24NARPurchasing231
Etc...

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
I have never used a pivot table in my life, but this made me a bit curious. I do not have a direct solution for you, but perhaps you can find some insight here?

Pivot Table Data to Chart

Upvote 0
I have never used a pivot table in my life, but this made me a bit curious. I do not have a direct solution for you, but perhaps you can find some insight here?

Pivot Table Data to Chart
Thanks so much, Adam! I use Pivot Tables regularly and it is a little more complicated than this. I was actually able to find the answer at
. Hope this helps the next person.
David

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back