Enable Marco

Smurfit-Stone

Hello Board,

I'm trying to find out if there is a way to call the security alert to enable a macro. Let me explain...I was working on a sheet with a macro that I hadn't enabled yet. After working for awhile the option to enable it was gone and I found that I had to close the fine and re-open to enable the macro. I'm wondering if there is a ribbon or short cut icon to put in my access toolbar that will give me the option to enable/disable the macro. Seems strange that in 2003 I could to this, but in 2007 I have to close the file. Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
Under the developer tab there is a macro security button, could you enable all macros through that and then change back to the default later?

Hello Board,

I'm trying to find out if there is a way to call the security alert to enable a macro. Let me explain...I was working on a sheet with a macro that I hadn't enabled yet. After working for awhile the option to enable it was gone and I found that I had to close the fine and re-open to enable the macro. I'm wondering if there is a ribbon or short cut icon to put in my access toolbar that will give me the option to enable/disable the macro. Seems strange that in 2003 I could to this, but in 2007 I have to close the file. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
There's no way in either version. Excel 2003 prompts you on opening, and you have to give your final answer immediately. Excel 2007 defers it for a while, but if you open the VBE, the option disappears.

Upvote 0
What I meant was that in 2003 you could access the macro enabling without actually closing the file. You had a menu option to click. With 2007 the only way to enable the macro is to close the file and re-open...how stupid. But, thanks for your reply. I continued to research and I found nothing to help...I wonder if 2010 is any better! Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanurai

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back