Ep. 1201 forward not playable in Zune???

mseyf

I use the Zune software on my pc to download and play the podcasts, but since episode 1201, the Zune software continually attempts to download the podcast, and upon completion of the download give an invalid codec error and deletes the podcast.

Are the Zune users being left behind in favor of iTunes users?

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Problem not with Zune device but with Zune player on pc

Sorry for the confusion, but my problem is with attempting to download & play the podcast on my pc using the Zune software, I don't have a Zune device.

Thanks.

Re: Problem not with Zune device but with Zune player on pc

My zune firmware is up to date and I'm having the same problems. The only episodes that are working for me with the zune software are the "time warp wednesday" ones at present.

Hasn't worked for me, either, since ep. 1201. The problem isn't the firmware, it's that "Zune doesn't support the file type or doesn't support the codec that was used to create the file". Here's the link with all valid filetypes understood by the Zune client: http://www.zune.net/en-US/support/w...help_originalid=C00D119A&webhelp_locale=en-US
Note that the "time warp tests" show up fine, since they're older episodes. However, anything newly created from April 8th onwards are incompatible w/ Zune's client.

Mseyf, Retama and Yukon-Cornelius,

I have tweaked a recent podcast - #1201.
Would you be interested in trying it out and letting me know what your results with it are?

If so, you may download it here: Podcast #1201

Once we determine that it will work with Zune on PC and with Zune Player, I will address the rest of the podcasts. Thank you for your patience!

Your tweak seems to have worked for my Zune on PC software. The episode displayed fine for me.

If I could figure out how to get it into the actual player, I'd test it. But, I haven't been able to figure it out so all I can say is it works in the Zune software on the PC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back