Equally distribute

ibscrump

Hello,
New to the forum. I've spent quite some time looking for an answer to my question with no luck.
I want to rotate the 8 people over 31 weeks, but only 4 can play each week. I'm trying to evenly distribute the 8 people so each gets the same number of games or at least close.
I'm trying to do this randomly so that we don't have a 4 or more week gap between any one person playing.

From my research I used vlookup, Rand, and Rank to help establish a evenly distributed number of time 8 people can play over the 31 weeks, but when trying to narrow down to only 4 people each week I hit road block.

Thank you!

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
This isn't an Excel solution but if you search on the internet for a league fixtures generator and put the 8 options in it will generate a list of games Home vs Away. Just use all the Home ones every week and 4 will be selected and 4 not.

Upvote 0
This isn't an Excel solution but if you search on the internet for a league fixtures generator and put the 8 options in it will generate a list of games Home vs Away. Just use all the Home ones every week and 4 will be selected and 4 not.

Thanks. It works, but was little confusing at first. Now that I played with them a bit I found one that will work.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drewmorgan128

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back