Error 1004 using sheet's Workbook_Open()

James Snyder

This one is hopefully a simple answer from an expert. I used a previous program as a template for building a new one, but run into a 1004 error on launch. Don't spend mush time on this as I am sure I will figure it out quickly even without help. Upon launching, I get this error:
09.10.2013-10.08.11 - Bermex's library
Using the Debug button gets me here to the event handler:
09.10.2013-10.13.26 - Bermex's library
All this seems like simple code, but this is the first time I have used an existing program as a template, and I am reasonably sure that it is the source of the error. Now I need to figure out why and fix it. Is there a setting to check for whether macros are enabled?

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
I would say that the workbook you are openening does not contain the "Main" Subroutine

Upvote 0
James

Do you want/need this Bermex library?

When you goto Tools>References... in the VBE is it listed but marked as MISSING?

Upvote 0
Norie, the Bermex library is a SnagIt screenshot repository allowing me to post an image in the forum. Here is a screenshot of my references:
09.10.2013-11.46.23 - Bermex's library

After Comfy's feedback, I realize that more information may help. This is Excel 2010 on Windows 7 Professional. I am a one person IT department, so the cloned report is running on the same box as the template. Both files are in .XLSM modules. My Project box looks like this:
09.10.2013-11.54.25 - Bermex's library

The project box of the donor report looks like this:
09.10.2013-11.57.36 - Bermex's library

Upvote 0
James

What exactly is this Bermex library?

An add-in? A DLL?

Upvote 0
It is a website I use to post screenshots that I add links to here so you can see the same thing I am. A picture is worth a thousand words...more specifically, it is the default name given to the folder the image is uploaded to.

Also, this workbook is unprotected. I notice most 1004 errors on Workbook_Open are related to protection.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
James

Sorry you've lost me.

What exactly does this error mean?

Does the Bermex library have anything to do with the problem?

By the way, a short explanation of the problem/aim is much better than uncaptioned images.:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwindels

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back