Error Checking

mikechambers

I have a row of checksums for data. The formulas all show nothing ("") if everything ties, and shows the difference if they do not tie. I want an alert to appear on a front page that looks to see if any of those cells are anything but (""). I can't simply say >=0, because sometimes they might be negative. I just want to say if they are all ("") then shwo that everything is ok, otherwise, let me know.

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Hi Mike,

Can you post the formula or code you have so far....?
If i understand you correctly, you want to highlight anything which is"" or blank or anything which is not?

Upvote 0
Bottom line is that the row I am evaluating contains cells who values are "".

ie. in D2 I have =IF(B2<>C2,B2-C2,"")

So B2 and C2 tie, then the cell value is "". But I don't think the ISBLANK function would work because the cell is not actually BLANK, it has a formula. Correct? I just want a cell, say A1, that says if D2 is "" then all is good, but if D2 has a value in it, then I want to alert the user, like the word "ERROR". I know I can do this if I am evaluating the one cell, like D2, but this cell formula actually occurs numerous times across row D, so I need to evaluate the array I guess.

Upvote 0
I figured it out. I just compared COUNTBLANK(D4:Z4) to COLUMNS(D4:Z4). If they are equal, then everything is fine. If not, then there are errors.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back