ERROR CODE VBE6.DLL

WayneJ

Can anyone help with this problem.

I am running 2 Sheets one which updates information from the other.

I have a Macro in both sheets to clear contents in certain cells after entering a Password.

1 sheet the "clear contents" macro works fine.

The other sheet, when I click on the macro button" Clear Contents" I receive an error message = Excel has caused an error in VBE6.DLL Excel will now close.

Both these sheets are running the same macro (obviously different sheet names)so I can't see why the other macro isn't working

I have looked on Microsoft's knowledge Data Base and the only reference I can find to this error is one pointing to excel 97-98 where it was saved in an earlier format not excel 2000. This is not my problem.

ANY IDEAS!!

Wayne
This message was edited by WayneJ on 2002-10-14 01:19
This message was edited by WayneJ on 2002-10-14 01:22

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
I see 'weird' run-time errors and "Excel needs to shut down" messages when I haven't compiled the VBA with the version of Excel it is running on.

I am sure one of our local Wizards could tell me how to avoid recompiling, but hey, it works for me.

As for you, is it possible that the last compile was on a different version of Excel?

_________________Here's something else to try:
Make sure all modules are "Option Private Module", which keeps the workbook codes from interacting. If you need to find any macro listed in the Macros Dialog, then keep it in a module that is NOT "Option Private Module".
This message was edited by stevebausch on 2002-10-14 02:24

Upvote 0
On 2002-10-14 02:22, stevebausch wrote:
I see 'weird' run-time errors and "Excel needs to shut down" messages when I haven't compiled the VBA with the version of Excel it is running on.

I am sure one of our local Wizards could tell me how to avoid recompiling, but hey, it works for me.

As for you, is it possible that the last compile was on a different version of Excel?

Make sure all modules are "Option Private Module", which keeps the workbook codes from interacting. If you need to find any macro listed in the Macros Dialog, then keep it in a module that is NOT "Option Private Module".
Thanks Steve, I'll give it a go.

Upvote 0
I tried both options, but still no luck. I can't even compile because this error message comes up.

I have even Rebuilt excel.

On 2002-10-14 02:22, stevebausch wrote:

Upvote 0
Try the books on another machine.

One at a time.

Does the error happen with a specific book?

Does the error happen when one book is ran first?

You need to start considering stepping through the code, see what the last 'safe' line of code is.

Have you altered the RAM of the computer lately?

Any updates, lately?

Does the crash follow the workbooks, or stay with the machine?

If it follows the workbooks, suspect the workbooks.

If it stays with the machine, suspect the machine.

You have Workbook_Open code in the books? You say you don't even get a chance to compile, right.

So, you need to open with macros disabled, compile, and save. Reopen, see what happens.

Don't pass Go without getting the books compiled. If you need to turn on the Macros Warning Dialog, do that from Options-Tools.

This message was edited by stevebausch on 2002-10-14 23:54

Upvote 0
Hi Steve,

Problem solved. I copied the workbook to another computer disabling macros at start, COMPILED Workbook and saved. This was done on an earlier version of excel which I wasn't sure was going to work.

Loaded saved workbook to my computer and NO VBE6.DLL error. All Macros in both workbooks are running well. Still not sure where the conflict was, but hey it worked.

Thanks for the help.

Wayne

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirek8991

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back