Error - Formulas not Calculated Automatically

Crilley

I searched the site and could not find any information on this subject - if it exists, just let me know. Also, if this thread is in the wrong place, I apologize in advance.

I am not extremely adept at Excel, but I use it for several things at work. I have Excel 2003 and SP3. I have a spreadsheet that had been working just fine until this morning. (I have not updated anything recently.) Now, however, when I enter data into a cell, any other cell that would use that data to calculate something, will not do so. For example, if I enter something in A1, then B1, which was [=(A1*3)] or whatever, does not calculate, unless I physically click on the formula for B1 in the function bar. The same then goes for any other cell that uses a formula with B1. Given the amount of data I have to enter and calculate, this would be a huge hassle to do manually. Is there any known way of fixing this?

I hope I made myself understood - and thanks for the help.

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Welcome to the forum,

It sounds as though the workbook needs to auto calculate, look at the Tools Menu and Options then in the formula side you shoud have an option to Auto Calculate.

The following comes from the Help File

<TABLE class=collapse><TBODY><TR class=trbgodd><TD class=noborder vAlign=top align=left>F9</TD><TD class=noborder vAlign=top align=left>Calculates all worksheets in all open workbooks. SHIFT+F9 calculates the active worksheet.
CTRL+ALT+F9 calculates all worksheets in all open workbooks, regardless of whether they have changed since the last calculation.
CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F9 rechecks dependent formulas, and then calculates all cells in all open workbooks, including cells not marked as needing to be calculated.
CTRL+F9 minimizes a workbook window to an icon.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Upvote 0
Wow, that unbelievably simple thing fixed it.

I would feel stupid, except that I can't imagine how that box got UNclicked in the first place . . .

Thanks for your help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjurney

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back