[Error] I'm getting the "Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough memory or disk space" error

tacaro25

[FONT=&quot]Hello, so i recently changed my PC's name (because of some program's incompability with accents). Since then i'm getting this error whenever i try to create a new excel sheet. I've tried some solutions but none of them have worked (i also have uninstalled and installed again).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If someone could help me with this issue, i would be very appreciated! Thanks in advance[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I'm using Office 365 2016 [/FONT]

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Download Microsoft Office Configuration Analyser Tool (It is a Microsoft Freebie) and run it, restart inbetween

When you save as, what path is offered for you

Upvote 0
Thats the thing, i can't even open a blank sheet and thus i can't save as.. I ran that tool, should i export the "scan logo" and post it here?

Upvote 0
I don't know how many people could interpret it

does the rest of office work, (word often has controls that are embedded in excel)

Upvote 0
Yes, word and excel are the only office programs that give me some kind of error. in word i'm getting this whenever i open it : "word could not create the work file check the temp environment variable"

Upvote 0
your install is damaged. in the past the .dot file of word had to be deleted and it would rebuild, not sure what the equivalent excel file would be

try starting excel in safe mode and word

Upvote 0
I tried opening with safe mode and it worked for both programs! But when i tried to save the document/sheet, it gave me the same error and the program crashed..

Upvote 0
has its path been set to read only, saving to the Root Directory is very much protected

Upvote 0
are you local machine admin

are you in the same user path, you might not have security privileges for you log on ?

just guessing here

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back