Error message when trying to amend pivot table

cowboy2153

I've created a pivot table using several fields via the automated field list. Now when I want to amend pivot table with an additional field (which is already listed) I receive the following eror message:

Cannot change part of a merged cell

How can I identify these "merged cells" and correct in order to add an aditional field to the pivot table?

Thanks to all in advance!!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().

MD610

Board Regular
Do you have a need for the merged cells? Are they supposed to be in there?

If not, I would just highlight the entire sheet, then under the Home tab on the ribbon, there should be a button for toggling on/off Merge & Center. Toggle it off for everything.

cowboy2153

AWESOME...
Thanks so much for the quick reply......By selecting unmerge, I can now add an additional field to the existing pivot table

Thanks so much

Have a great week
;)

Do you have a need for the merged cells? Are they supposed to be in there?

If not, I would just highlight the entire sheet, then under the Home tab on the ribbon, there should be a button for toggling on/off Merge & Center. Toggle it off for everything.

08730000000BrGM

I'm having the same issue but the 'Merge & Center' button is not selected and is instead faded out. Any thoughts?

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arias610

This Week's Hot Topics

• Timer in VBA - Stop, Start, Pause and Reset
    [CODE=vba][/CODE] Option Explicit Dim CmdStop As Boolean Dim Paused As Boolean Dim Start Dim TimerValue As Date Dim pausedTime As Date Sub...
  • how to updates multiple rows in muliselect listbox
    Hello everyone. I need help with below code. code is only chaning 1st row in mulitiselect list box. i know issue with code...
  • Delete Row from Table
    I am trying to delete a row from a table using VBA using a named range to find what I need to delete. My Range is finding the right cell. In the...
  • Assigning to a variable
    I have a for each block where I want to assign the value in column 5 of the found row to the variable Serv. [CODE=vba] For Each ws In...
  • Way to verify information
    Hi All, I don't know what to call this formula, and therefore can't search. I have a spreadsheet with information I want to reference...
  • Active Cell Address – Inactive Sheet
    How to use VBA to get the cell address of the active cell in an inactive worksheet and then place that cell address in a location on the current...