error pasting excel chart into word/PP

droscoe

I'm trying to paste excel charts into MS word or powerpoint and when I do the pasted chart does not display correctly. All the axes titles and labels strangely become highlighted in black. I've tried a few ways to paste it (simple cut and paste, paste special as a excel chart, or insert object then choose the correct excel file) and all have the same issue. This seems to happen only when the font size of the axes is large and reducing the font size, then pasting the same graph solves the problem (except I need the font to be large).

Anyone seen this problem or know how to fix it?

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
this problem also seems to happen whenever the x-axis labels are aligned at any angle other than horizontal.

I searched other threads saw that people don't recommend pasting from excel to powerpoint or word but couldn't find any particular solutions. It sure seems dumb that applications by the same company (same software package even, ie. office) are not compatible with each other.....

No one's got anything?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpierce

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back