Error: "Too many excel formats"

Erik83

Board Regular
Hi,

I've got this wierd error message (translated from swedish to english)
"To many excel formats". I appears when I use a macro to copy alot of sheets from alot of workbooks (one sheet from each workbook). I've had problems when I've tried this before. The error "Too many arguments" has appeared, but I solved that by saving, closing and opening the workbook having all the sheets copied into it and then continuing copying sheets into it. every 50 sheets or so. Now that this new error occured I've tried to save the workbook every 10 sheets, just to be sure its not that problem, but its not. I'm pretty sure its due to the fact that the number of sheets beeing copied keeps increasing, because it has worked fine until now. I just passed about 120 sheets, which shouldnt be a problem because I copied over 600 in another project.

Does anyone have any ideas? I guess I have a few that could work, but they are alot of work so I'm looking for an easy fix here.

Best regards

Erik

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Just a quick add, I've tried to clear all the formatting by using the clearformat command on all the sheets every 10 sheets. That didnt help either.
I'm running out of ideas now. Please help.

/Erik

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back