error

Some videos you may like

Peter_SSs

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
When do you get it?

One way you can get that is if a spammer gets through to the forum & posts in a thread you are watching and the spam post is deleted before you follow the link to it.

Another way is if you try to follow a link you had from the old forum to a particular thread/post, some of those fall over.

smozgur

BatCoder
This is a session related error. Forum software can't match the session cookie with the corresponding session value. Something like this, I start editing, then spend long (really long) time on the page, and try to submit. From my experiences, it mostly happens when I browse the forum in Incognito mode (in Chrome. I don't know how it is called in Edge but Private mode in Safari etc...) since that mode is more restrict about sessions and clears itself.

It is not something usual and common so it is mostly related with the client since there is no server errors related to this issue. And session errors are often resolved by deleting the forum cookie from the browser.

sandy666

it was just a second, I corrected one letter then save (tried to save because I need reload, edit again, correct then save)
I am not using Private Mode because I don't like it
My setting are always the same on old forum and new forum as well
Errors started at March, before march all was ok

Last edited:

Joe4

MrExcel MVP, Junior Admin
Office Version
Platform
Windows
We have tens of thousands of users here every days, using all sorts of different browsers and configurtions, but no one else has reported any errors like this recently.
From my experience, the vast majority of the time that points to some sort of issue on the users side.

So a better question to ask may be, what in your system changed in March?
What updates or new programs did you apply to your computer?

sandy666

Office update only

We have tens of thousands of users here every days, using all sorts of different browsers and configurtions, but no one else has reported any errors like this recently.
From my experience, the vast majority of the time that points to some sort of issue on the users side.
so I will have to live with it

Joe4

MrExcel MVP, Junior Admin
Office Version
Platform
Windows
so I will have to live with it
If the problem is on your side, then it depends on how far you are willing to go to investigate it to resolve it.
If it is on your side, we cannot fix it for you, and we do not have access to your system to investigate it for you.

Many errors are the user side are caused by corrupt cookies (as Suat alluded to). Did you try deleting your cookies, cache, and temporary internet files?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlorianPhil

This Week's Hot Topics

• help please
    SORRY NOT ANY GOOD AT EXCEL SO HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED this formula is in a sheet called ignore...
  • two formulas needed
    Hello, I'll try my best to explain this: First formula needed in Sheet1 cell A2: If Sheet1 cell B2 = Sheet2 cell B2 then return a 1. If not then...
  • Dynamic Counts
    Good afternoon, we are tidying up some data & the data seems to be growing quicker than we are tidying it up! What we confirm (by reviewing it...
  • Help Excel formula eliminate duplicate values and keep only 2 identical rows.
    as picture below column A has a duplicate value. but the values are not the same as the rule. sometimes 4 rows, sometimes 10 rows or 7 or 9...
  • Macro Compile Error Sub or Function not defined
    Hello, I am trying to run macros from a validation list, all macros have been created and run perfectly on there own but I'm getting a compile...
  • Last row combined with Current Region VBA
    I'm generally happy finding the last row of data through something like Lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "D").End(xlUp) but I don't always receive data...