error

sandy666

Banned - Rules violations
something like this is happening more and more recently
prob.png

When do you get it?

One way you can get that is if a spammer gets through to the forum & posts in a thread you are watching and the spam post is deleted before you follow the link to it.

Another way is if you try to follow a link you had from the old forum to a particular thread/post, some of those fall over.

after Edit post then trying to save

it happens more often

This is a session related error. Forum software can't match the session cookie with the corresponding session value. Something like this, I start editing, then spend long (really long) time on the page, and try to submit. From my experiences, it mostly happens when I browse the forum in Incognito mode (in Chrome. I don't know how it is called in Edge but Private mode in Safari etc...) since that mode is more restrict about sessions and clears itself.

It is not something usual and common so it is mostly related with the client since there is no server errors related to this issue. And session errors are often resolved by deleting the forum cookie from the browser.

it was just a second, I corrected one letter then save (tried to save because I need reload, edit again, correct then save)
I am not using Private Mode because I don't like it
My setting are always the same on old forum and new forum as well
Errors started at March, before march all was ok

Last edited:
We have tens of thousands of users here every days, using all sorts of different browsers and configurtions, but no one else has reported any errors like this recently.
From my experience, the vast majority of the time that points to some sort of issue on the users side.

So a better question to ask may be, what in your system changed in March?
What updates or new programs did you apply to your computer?

Office update only

We have tens of thousands of users here every days, using all sorts of different browsers and configurtions, but no one else has reported any errors like this recently.
From my experience, the vast majority of the time that points to some sort of issue on the users side.
so I will have to live with it

so I will have to live with it
If the problem is on your side, then it depends on how far you are willing to go to investigate it to resolve it.
If it is on your side, we cannot fix it for you, and we do not have access to your system to investigate it for you.

Many errors are the user side are caused by corrupt cookies (as Suat alluded to). Did you try deleting your cookies, cache, and temporary internet files?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back