Essbase error since switching to excel 2007

Snarkyinla

I've been using Hyperion Essbase for over a year now and am very familiar with how it works and how to build working files. 2 weeks ago we switched over to Excel 2007 and something is happening on almost all of my existing essbase files that we can't figure out.

My files are built such that the first X columns are the essbase pull, and to the right of those columns link to the pulled data. So I used to highlight columns, say, A-H, do a retreive, and the new data would flow into the "prettier" side of the spreadsheet. When you build a template like this, you can't just do "retrieve" or you get the "Member [Actual] out of place" error. You have to highlight just the essbase columns you want to retreive.

But now, when I try to highlight the same columns and do a retreive, it gives me the same "Member [Acutal] is out of place" error, even when I highlight only the columns I want. If I highlight just the CELLS I want (say A1:H50) then it works fine, but it SHOULD work highlighting just A:H.

And yes, I have checked that there is no errant text in the cells below rows that work. I have a LOT of essbase templates and having to higlight just the cells, rather than the whole column, is a huge time waster, as would building out all new templates.

Does anyone have ANY idea what could be causing this??

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Excel 2007 has far more rows than Excel 2003. Could that be the issue?

Upvote 0
That's very true, but how do you solve the problem? I tried deleting out rows beneath, but that doesn't help...

Upvote 0
I don't know any way to solve this, if it would be the problem.

Do you know if your version of Essbase is fully supported on Excel 12?

Upvote 0
Check the release notes of your version of Essbase, that's the only way to know.

Does Hyperion issue notes about bugs / reported issues / ...?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back