Evaluate UDF and name range will not give correct result

HMSTPI

I have a complicated budget file that I'm trying to make more efficient and, hopefully, somewhat easier for someone else to follow by using the EVALUATE() gem I recently learned about (can't believe I didn't know about it in the 30 years I've used Excel!) I've run across/learned several of the quirks that go along with it but haven't hit any unexplained behavior until now.

I am piecing the formulas together starting with Parts A and B --- then pull them together in the final formula text as PartA / PartB. Evaluating Part A works. Evaluating Part B works. But Evaluating the final formula does NOT work. I've confirmed it is less than 256 characters. I've confirmed it works as a straight formula. I've confirmed I get the same results whether I use Evaluate as a defined name or as a UDF. I'm at a complete loss.

Here is a stripped version of the file that should open right to the issue with some explanations/references.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back