Every 2 months formula help

JanqeD

Hey guys! I track physical fitness in my organization and we require people to take a "mock" fitness test every 2 months after their real fitness exam which happens every 6 months or 12 months depending on their score. I am stumped on how to achieve the effect I want without creating different sheets.

If I put their score in one column for their last test is there a way to make their name highlight every 2 months from the date in another column if the score in their row is less than 90 indicating they are due for a practice test.

For uniform reasons lets call name cell is B7, date of last test is H7, and their test score is K7. I really appreciate any help, I'm truly stomped and think I might have to use two seperate sheets which I wanna avoid because I track over 200 people :P

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Here is a screenshot of the excel sheet. Essentially I will put dates in the "Last Date" Column. If the score in the "Last Score" is less than 90 then every 2 months from that date I would like some kind of indicator by their name or row to show hey they are due for another fitness test. If the score in the "Last Score" column is great than or equal to 90 I need an indicator 6 months after the "Last Date" column that they are due again. Right now it already highlights them when they are 2 months out from their due date(column I). I know it sounds really complex if there is a better way to accomplish this please let me know.

imagejpg1_zpsfefe39a4.jpg

Upvote 0
Not sure I understand your worksheet - is this supposed to all be the same guy, or every row is a different person?

I guess due date is the field you're talking about looking at for every 2 months or every 6 or 12 months- and I guess it will mostly show the last day of every month- but not always? (you have 10/30/14 and 1/8/15 in there... don't know what you want to happen with those...)

You said it already highlights them when they are 2 months out from their due date- but you still need another indicator by their name every 2 months?

Still a bit confusing what you're looking for. Maybe some sample output?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottdog129

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back